Monday 22 June 2015

Presentation techniques - Year 1

Some types of presentation techniques: 

  • Flat wall mount 
Work that is mounted directly onto the wall using a simple method, string, wire, sticky pads or velcro.


  • Float mount
This method is one that i good for work with materials like wood and foam board. It is like flat wall mounting but fitted for more 3D work or to make 2D work look more 3D like. 











  • Wire and track hanging system
This method uses strong picture hanging cord or steel wire and a hook so then a piece a work will hang off of that and be displayed.













What presentation technique do I think would suit my work best?

If I were to present my final piece in something like a gallery I think I would use a wire and track hanging system as I think this would show my work clearly. This way it can be shown on a wall in a simple but effective way and I think this would work well compare to come of the other methods. I don't think I would be able to do a flat wall mount with my work and it wouldn't be as stable as my piece is a heavy piece and would be more stable hooked on to the wall instead of being stuck. The float mount would work but adds a shadow effect to a piece as its not fully stuck flat to the wall and the effect that the float mount gives off wouldn't look right with my piece in my opinion. By using the wire hanging system I think it will show my concept good as my work is about a dark place and uses dark colours and if it was to be hung up on a light colour wall like white it would make my work stand out a lot more than if it had a frame or mounting card around it.


No comments:

Post a Comment