Tuesday 3 March 2015

Paper cuts - Year 1


My own paper cut 



These are my paper cut pictures in the style of Peter Callesen. I cut out a simple shapes of my name with a added heart at the front. I thought this would create good shadows when shooting my paper cuts like Peters work. I put my paper cut on top of a map on top cardboard but not directly on to the map, I created some little stand so my paper cut looks like it is 3D and creates more shadows in my pictures. I like my work and how it has turned out and how the shadows in my work. If i was to do this again i would probably attempt to do a more complex design as mine is simple but i think it still looks effective. 

Health and Safety
  • Be careful with fingers when handling knifes because it is easy to cut yourself as they are sharp.
  • Don't cut towards yourself because there is a risk of slipping.
  • Use a cutting mat under paper that you are cutting to reduce chance of slipping while cutting your paper. 


Peter Callesen






























Peter Callesen born in Copenhagen in 1967 and is a Danish artist and author. Callesen is renowned for his talent in combining the minimalism of a big crisp white sheet of paper with the complexity of meticulously cut and folded paper and uses the two to build out some aesthetically pleasing compositions. I really like Peters work and think it is very effective how he uses the 3D effects and the shadows he creates. 

No comments:

Post a Comment